Sunday 9 June 2013

Fathers Day Card Idea using The Open Sea Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!

A week today is Father's Day here in the UK so today I though I would share a card featuring The Open Sea Stamp Set from Stampin'  Up! that would make a great Father's Day Card.  It would of course also make a great card to give any man in your life at any other time too!
Great card for a man made using The Open Seas Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!  This would make a great Fathers Day Card!

The background has been stamped and smudged with sponges - the Stampin' Up! inks dry really fast so to get this effect you need to make sure your pads have been recently re inked and you need to work quite quickly!

The beautiful boat sits on a washed background created by colouring on a clear stamp block, spritzing with water and then stamping the block on the card.  I was reminded how much I love this technique when I saw it demonstrated by my lovely friend Lynne at the recent Stampin' Up! Training event.  Once it was dry I stamped on it and coloured in the sails using a white Gel Pen - well most of the sails - I seem to have missed one!
Great card for a man made using The Open Seas Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!  This would make a great Fathers Day Card!

I know a lot of people find making cards for men hard so I hope this one inspires you

Happy Stampin'
Bekka Prideaux - Stampin' Up! in UK, Nederlands, Österreich, Deutschland & France.  Top Demonstrator.  Buy Stampin' Up! Card Making and Scrapbooking Supplies or start your own Stampin' Up! business. Join Stampin' Up! here

Pin It

No comments: