Thursday 10 February 2011

Sunday's Scrapbook Project

At our team day last Sunday one of the project’s I taught was a Scrapbook Page. I am loving Scrapbooking at the moment and it was lovely to be able to share this with everyone.

Our theme for this meeting was new beginnings so I decided to do a wedding page. I wanted to show a design that would work with either landscape or portrait pictures. A couple of years ago we went to two weddings within two weeks, both grooms were called Dave so I chose a picture from each of the weddings and these were the results.


The flowers were made by punching out circles, cutting to the middle of each and then overlapping the two sides to make a cone shape. The more paper you overlap the deeper the cone will be. I added buttons and an inner layer to some of them.

To use as little paper as possible so I had more left for other projects I punched the circles from areas of the papers that were then covered up with the next layer. These papers are the beautiful Sweet and Sour Speciality Papers. I love the embossed finish on them, it’s just stunning even if it’s tricky to photograph.

Tonight it’s this months meeting of the scrapbook club – I am really looking forward to it, if you can’t be there but would like to join us please just get in touch, bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk each month’s kit along with inspiration lay outs is available by post.

Happy Stampin'
 
Bekka
Pin It

1 comment:

Zoe Tant said...

Such a simple idea, but so effective. TFS zx