Wednesday 5 January 2011

Card Keeper

One of my favourite things about Christmas is the cards. I love making them, I love receiving them and hearing everyone’s news. Ok so maybe I don’t like actually writing them but I am always glad I did!

As we start to take our decorations down I don’t like to throw our cards away – they are so pretty and looking back through them makes me smile. I don’t keep all of all of them – I cut out bits of designs I like or messages I know I will want to read again. Handmade cards get kept – end of!

Keeping the cards and bits of the cards however causes a problem – what to do with them and how to store them. I like to see problems as a chance to craft so this year I have made a card keeper. I wanted something I could unobtrusive, something that could sit on a shelf and be looked at when ever I wanted.

This is what I came up with – from the spine it looks like a book

From the outside it looks like a book

But inside

there are pockets, ready for all that goodness to just be popped in and stored!

I think I will make more of these, we have birthday’s coming up in this household soon and that means more cards and another chance to make something!




Happy Stampin’

Bekka Pin It

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh... Bekka this fabulous and a great idea :)
I would love to know how to make one please... I always keep the special ones from Christmas and Birthdays, but they are just slotted into a big box at the moment (goes and hangs head in shame)... these would look great dated by year and placed ona shelf! :)
TwinTroublex2@googlemail.com

Dee Tollaksen said...

Becca, I would love the details on this clever project! I also keep the cards I receive and this is a great way to store them. dtollaksen at wideopenwest dot com

Frankiesue said...

What a fab idea.......I have a huge pile that need sorting so I'd love to have the instructions as well...

jgraham said...

Such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. I would love the instructions!
JGrahamPT@aol.com

Anonymous said...

What an absulutely fantastic idea. If you are happy to share the instructions I would love to receive them.
gsummers72@blueyonder.co.uk

Jayne Owen said...

Hi, what a great idea. I too have a big memory box that it just all goes in a pile. I would love the instructions.

What a great blog.

Beaba said...

This is such a good idea and I looooooove the colors!If you ever make a tutorail??????

lynda said...

hi bekka, what a fab way of saving cards you want to keep. i would love a copy of the instructions if possable please.
lynda.bradley21@ntlworld.com
thankyou.
lynda.x

Anonymous said...

This looks like a truly ingenious and well done craft. I'd love to make one. s03147@aol.com