Thursday 20 May 2010

Inspired by one Julie, created for another

Recently my good friend Jules had some stunning three fold cards on her blog so when I was thinking about a special card for another special Julie for a special birthday, I decided to give one of them a go. It was a lot of fun to make and I am pleased to say that Julie loved it.

I am loving the new Melon Mambo colour, and finding it hard to craft with anything else so, knowing Julie is not adverse to pinks and purples decided to use it as the base for this card. I took a sheet of Very Vanilla and using the wonderful Circle Circus Stamp Set covered it with images in Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard and Orchid Opulence. I added shimmer to the whole sheet using the Champaign Mist Shimmer Paint. This was added to the first and third panels of the card. For the middle panel I wanted a contrasting pattern so I used images from the All For Friends Hostess Stamp Set and a combination of Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo Inks. I also coloured in some of the images using a blender pen. Some of the scrummy polka dot ribbon and a couple of embellishments noting the occasion and this card was almost done.

Julie loves to read so the back of the middle panel seemed to be an ideal place to add a bookmark made from the left over card.

Just in case Julie is looking at this you will have noticed I have not mentioned the number at all – but we all had a wonderful night out celebrating with her.

More birthday cards soon and don’t forget to look out for the next Stamp with Us Challenge on Sunday.

Happy Stampin

Bekka Pin It

1 comment:

Helen said...

Wow! What an explosion of colour - love it!