Wednesday 14 April 2010

Push the Envelope

I had a wonderful time in Sunny Somerset and in Plymouth over the weekend. As well as crafting with friends and spending time with some adorable people, I even got to visit two lighthouses and get sand between my toes – for me it really does not get a lot better than that!

There are lots of things that demos like to do when they get together – chat, laugh, craft, swap ideas and inspiration etc. One way we did this at the training event was the demo choice competition. I decided to enter this little mini album.

It is made from four envelopes stuck together. I made mine using the Stampin’ Up! envelopes as they are such good quality. Once they had been stuck together I decorated each panel with papers from the Autumn Moments Designer Series Pack and the coordinating colours of card stock. I adore the papers in this pack – the wood grain pattern is just divine and the others are pretty scrummy too!

The album is held together with some of the new Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon which I have heard described as liquid chocolate...  I also made an accent for the front of the album using the wonderful new Bird Punch.



The inserts were made from coordinating card stock and stamped with images from my current favourite stamp set – Vintage Vogue. I also added journaling blocks made using images from Framed with love stamped onto more of the papers from Autumn Moments.


I also made this little accent for the back page using the flowers and sentiment from Vintage Vogue and a frame from Framed with love

There were some stunning entries and I did not win, however I hope you like this little album. If you would like to make one of your own I offer it as a class so please do get in touch.

Happy Crafting

Bekka Pin It

2 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

What a beautiful album Bekka! Next time you're in Somerset or Devon do let me know and we can try to meet up! Sorry I missed you! Glad you had a good time xxx

butterflyamanda said...

this is so beautiful and i was lucky enough to see this in person!!! it was lovely to meet you bekka you are wonderful thanks for all the tips! hugs Amanda