Sunday 3 January 2010

Stamp With Us Sunday

Hello everyone and welcome to another Stamp With Us Sunday. The challenge for the next two weeks is one of my favourite types of challenges – a colour challenge. I love being challenged to use combinations and colours I don’t reach for as often and this colour challenge fell into that category for me, and now I have used them I am not sure why I don’t reach for them more often! I also love that this challenge allowed me to indulge in something else I am very much enjoying at the moment – colouring in, but I am getting ahead of myself and I should start by showing you the inspiration picture.


Now who would not want a shopping bag like that!

So here is the card I made. Now this card was for a very special lady who had a very special birthday which we helped her to celebrate last night, so as every your comments and observations are very welcome but please don’t shout ...


I have gone back to one of my absolute favourite sets from the catalogue for my focal image, I know I use it a lot but I hope you don’t mind, Blooming with Beauty. The image was coloured using the water colour wonder crayons in Bravo Burgundy, Summer Sun, Always Artichoke and a touch of Cameo Coral. I love how you can get so much variety of shading using this technique.


I decided to add some dimension to the card by raising the flowers on dimensional above the pot, and then to add some individual flowers on dimensional too.  Hopefully you can see them better here.

If you love to colour as much as I do and/or want to learn more about it you may want to check out my colouring club here for some fantastic deals on the Stampin’ Up! Colouring mediums.

My fun with this card was not yet however over. I also enjoy making my own backing papers and so have fun combining images from the Beautiful Thing and Good Neighbours Sets. The leaf in this pattern is one of the trees from this versatile and Free Sale-A –Bration set – you can find out how to get yours here.  I also used my Cameo Coral Watercolour Wonder crayon to get the lovely soft splatter effect on the paper 


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you decided to join in the challenge – either post a card on your blog and go to the Stamp With Us Blog and add a link or if you don’t have a blog do send me a photo of your creation and I will add it here and set up the links for you. I do hope you decided to play along.

Have a great day, happy craftin’

Bekka

PS: I have just noticed that very soon I will be reaching my 200th post - I think that calls for some celebratory candy - dont you?  Make sure you check back over the next week or so to find out all about it! Pin It

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love the background you made for this card. You've made me look again at the Beautiful Thing set. I like the overall vintage feel to this card. Beautiful.

Sara xx

Steph said...

Fab card! Love your stamped background :) x

Need More Time to Craft said...

Bekka,
This card is stunning, the colours go so well together. Love It.
Carole x