Wednesday 6 January 2010

Baby its cold outside ...

Brrrrrr its cold here today – we have had some snow overnight too, about 3 or 4 inches. When I was walking home last night we have a few couple of centimetres and it occurred to me that most years where I live we would consider that was lots so I guess by our standards it’s very snowy again here. We are due to have lots of things delivered over the next couple of days and have a big party planned for the weekend, so I am hoping that they won’t be disrupted too much. I need the washing machine that is due tomorrow (my 12 year old one has finally been disgracefully retired) and I have some lovely Stampin’ Up! goodies due as well. Some of them are for me but mostly they are for classes I am doing including a full day with about 30 ladies that I am very excited about.

Now in my last post I mentioned that I had enjoyed working with the Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy and Summer Sun colour combination and today I am going to share with you a card using similar colours.


This time I have teamed the Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy with Old Olive and Rose Red. This card features the Good Neighbours stamp set which you can have for FREE when you place an order with me for £45 or more. You can check this post for details.  I am really enjoying mixing and matching the houses and roofs with this set!

I used a blender pen to colour the houses, once they were stamped I just pulled the colour across using a light circular motion, quick and easy and I love the effect.  I still have some places available in my colouring clubs if you want to learn more about this and other fun techniques.


Now I just need to decided if I need more snow pictures (I have lots from last time that still need editing and using) or if I should go straight to my craft desk ... what do you think?

Where ever you are I hope your house is keeping you warm and safe.

Happy Craftin'

Bekka Pin It

2 comments:

Sara said...

Like this version too Bekka. That colour combo is growing on me too. Wasn't sure about it at first but seen some fab cards with it.

Sara xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is really cute!