Tuesday 17 November 2009

Save the Date

We had my partners Granddaughter to stay over the weekend – it’s hard to believe that she is four months old already. Well after she had gone I decided to put the spare baby wipes we had to a more crafty use.


I had read about this technique and seen several samples from convention so I thought I would give it a go with my new favourite stamp – the Medallion Background Stamp. You are going to see several projects with it this week. It is just so versatile and so easy to use (for hints and tips on using background stamps check out this post here).

To create this effect on the stamps I opened out the baby wipe and put it on top of a plastic bag. Using my Stampin’ Up! re inkers I added a few drops of three different colours and allowed them to soak into the baby wipe. Once I had created a pattern across a surface as big as the stamp I started stamping, using the inky baby wipe as my ink pad.


The Medallion was stamped onto Very Vanilla Card and this was mounted onto an Elegant Eggplant layer and some Regal Rose double stitched ribbon was added before it was all mounted onto an Almost Amethyst card base.



Most of these cards were for some very very special ladies, my Stampin’ Superstars, asking them to keep Saturday January 16th free for a very special day. To find out how you can join them (either as a member of my team or as a guest) please email me on bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk It’s something I am very excited about and something I think will get all our new year’s off to a fantastic and crafty start! And let’s face it, I don’t know about you but I love to have something exciting to look forward to just after Christmas.

Check back for more medallion projects soon!


Happy Craftin


Bekka Pin It

No comments: