Monday 8 December 2008

Never a dull moment!

Goodness don’t things get busy at this time of year! Yesterday we went for a family lunch, which ended up taking the whole day! It was lovely to see everyone and it was a good thing we all had lots to talk about. We had pre-booked in a nice looking pub, sent our food order in weeks ago, but despite that had to wait well over an hour for our starters. There was then another wait of at least an hour for our main courses which when they arrived were cold, looked terrible and some of them were not what we ordered. At that point we gave up! Having had a wonderful demonstration of poor customer service we left and went to an all you can eat Chinese Buffet in the nearest town. So the lunch that started at 1 did not finish until about 7pm!

On a craftier note I have been very busy making my Christmas Cards and hope to get them in the post this week. I have made well over 100 now and have still not finished, its hard to believe that I have pruned my list this year. I will share the cards we are sending in batches between now and Christmas so for today here are a few using the Season of Joy stamp set from Stampin’ Up!

As well as making some Christmas Gifts (which I cant share here!) I have also been making some things for the Dunstable Christmas Extravaganza. I have been asked to do a card making stand as part of the town’s festivities which I am really excited about. The Extravaganza is on 2o December and I will be based in Priory House, the local Heritage Centre. As well as card making I aim to have a number of gifts and stocking fillers people can buy. Aside from this there is lots else going on including Father Christmas so if you are in the area it would be lovely to meet you so please pop in and say hello.

One of the things I have made for the Extravaganza is some bookmarks. These use my favourite ribbons and some of the adorable Hodge Podge Hardware from Stampin’ Up! The stamp set I have used is A Tree for All Seasons. If you would like directions on how to make them drop me an email. I am really pleased with how these have turned out and its going to be hard to part with them!



Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting

Bekka

Pin It

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

Hi Bekka - well you won't be going back to that pub then I guess!! Glad you had a good time in the end though!

I love these cards especially the round one, it's very stylish. You're amazing to make so many (some of mine will be shop bought - naughty me!).

The bookmarks turned out beautifully - they look so professional and I'm sure your customers will love making them - hope it goes well! love Kate xxx